Monday, October 16, 2006

Whither Weirdness?


Dear Rev. Jack,

People I love and respect enjoy many things I do not.

For instance, the movie "Annie Hall" irritates me to no end. I don't like rosemary in my food. "Sex in the City" reminded me of the many self-involved women I have no interest in meeting. "Sir" Paul McCartney has produced nothing of merit since leaving the Beatles ("Silly Love Songs?" "The Girl is Mine" with Michael Jackson?)

Am I just an uneducated rube, or do I have reason to dislike these things?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Jack said...

Nope, your fine.

I consider myself a fairly smart and with-it kinda person yet; I really never got into the Who or the Talking Heads, or Boston; hate the Larry David show and don't really need to have basil and goat cheese on every fucking thing I eat.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate them or occaisionally enjoy them (except for Larry David who I find extremely irritating).

Stand tall, my friend.

xoxo Rev. Jack

October 16, 2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I forgot about goat cheese. I don't need that on every blessed salad I eat.

And watching Larry David is like taking a cheese grater to your eyeballs.

October 16, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger Sysm said...

My list:

Dane Cook
Scotch
Coldplay
Fisting
Steak
Television

Maybe 'm just doing things in the wrong order.

October 16, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Fisting?

Dane Cook needs to be locked away somewhere. Maybe next to a convicted pedophile, so he can annoy him throughout eternity.

Lately, all booze has tasted bad to me. That hasn't happened since I was pregnant... and I'm not pregnant. I'm 99.9 percent sure.

Steak? Really? Even filet mignon?

The wire is on television. Or were you talking about the band? Dr. Sardonic will tan your hide if you were!

October 16, 2006 4:24 PM  
Blogger Rev. Jack said...

No booze, huh?

Damn, I was really looking forward to the re-occurance of the 'cleavage monkeys'.

I'll just have to slip something into your eggnogg.

xoxo Rev. Jack

October 17, 2006 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home